Wednesday 25 July 2012

Oooo Shiny....


What a pleasent surprise this afternoon on arriving home: my new toys from The Assault Group finally reached destination!! Forget the office, forget the bloody heat wave!!!



I decided some weeks ago to beef-up my US Vietnam troops aiming to have a full infantry company finished for the autumn season at the club. I bought one special forces and 4 regular infantry blisters including a command group (as we play 1:2 scale, each blister is roughly equivalent to an 8-man squad sized unit).

 I also ordered some bedrolls, rucksacs and water canteens to put in my M113s, as well as some 0.5 cal HMGs to replace the original ordnance of my AFV models that was very low quality.


Now I only need to start painting. But where to start?  Projects for this summer keep piling on my table. But blame Thanos from Miniatures & Terrain blog and his recent amazing explosion marker tutorial post (really worth taking a look!) or his also remarkable Normandy House tutorial series; and of course Señor Clarke from TooFatLardies who's pushing me really hard to start painting my Romano British army to play his incoming Dark-Age rules Dux Britaniarum... decisions, decisions!!...where to start??!!!I... Can anyone imagine a more stressful life than that of the wargamer??? 


5 comments:

  1. Maravilloso momento, cuando uno ve en el mueble de la entrada la cajita de cartón cubierta de sellos...

    En cuanto a proyectos, me alegra ver que no soy el único que no sabe por donde empezar.

    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Empieza por el principio... siglo V antes que el siglo XX.
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buen Blog!! Estoy leyendo el contenido a ratos y casi (aún tengo aclararme) estoy tentado a comprame algunas miniaturas de Vietnam.

    Un saludo,

    Andrés.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias y bienvenido. Realmente las únicas dos marcas con las que trabajo son The Assault Group y Force of Arms, después de bastante búsqueda. Las segundas más irregulares (las hay muy buenas y muy malas) que las primeras (las poses se repiten un poco porque parten de una media docena de modelos que luego equipan de forma distinta) y reconozco que el US Army mejor que los Vietcong en general. Para reglas te recomiendo Charlie Don't Surf de TooFatLardies (faltaría más con el título de este blog...)

      Delete